1. Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Lahara will notify customers by email of changes to this policy that will affect information collected from them in the future. In certain circumstances, however, Lahara will not inform and obtain the consent of the customer, such as in connection with an investigation of a breach of an agreement, contravention of laws, an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened, the collection of a debt or in compliance with the request of a law enforcement agency or a court order.
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
Please note that, if you do, Lahara may suspend its provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any Lahara product and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honoured.
Lahara collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Lahara collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding Lahara’s services;
- to develop and provide our website, products and services for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Lahara, its affiliates and third parties;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of Lahara’s site;
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Lahara and third parties;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Lahara site or any Lahara product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of Lahara, including but not limited to, the security or integrity of the Lahara site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Lahara’s site, products and services.
Lahara also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
Lahara limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. Lahara does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
5. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Lahara does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- to Lahara ’ employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Lahara ’ behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if Lahara has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Lahara ’ rights or property, other users of Lahara’s web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Lahara or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Lahara will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Lahara ’ compliance with any applicable law.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
Lahara will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimising the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing Lahara about changes to their personal information. You can do this by using the form on the Contact Us page. Lahara will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
7. Security Safeguards
Lahara uses industry standard firewall and password protection. Only authorised personnel have access to the information you provide on the Lahara site. Whilst we cannot guarantee that misuse of data will not occur, we make every effort to prevent such this occrrence.
8. Access to Personal Information
Lahara will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by contacting us through the website.
If Lahara is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney–client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Lahara or the Privacy Officer as described above. Lahara will promptly correct such personal information.